In addition to those highlighted, we have many other ways you can serve within Epiphany! Here are a few ministries that help keep us able to serve the public:
Building & Grounds Ministry
Ministry Leads: Dave Parkerton & Dave Sonnenfeld
Vestry Liaison: Ryan Hale
Epiphany is blessed with an abundance of physical space and ground to accomplish, in the name of Christ, many varied outreach services and ministries. “Church” is not a building — it is our support in time and treasure which empowers Epiphany to accommodate expanding our church and community ministries.
- Oversee and manage the maintenance and operation of our building and grounds.
- Keep our facilities in good repair. Maintain the exterior building and grounds, and manage operation of the HVAC and other building systems.
- Organize Parish Work Days to repair and refurbish the building and maintain the church grounds.
Ministry Lead: Nadia Baker, Communications Director
Vestry Liaison: Eliane Perry
The Communications Ministry provides oversight and support to both internal and external parish communications and the physical infrastructure that supports church communication.
- Update the parish website design and content
- Organize and manage social media activities and initiatives
- Assist with advertising and communications for events (such as Christmas and Easter)
- Assist with editing weekly newsletter and bulletins
- Produce various parish brochures and other informational documents and presentations
- Design and coordinate outdoor signage activity alongside Buildings & Grounds
- Implement and integrate the use of large-screen displays to enhance worship and other activities
Vestry Liaison: Jeanne Trimble
Fellowship and hospitality are important aspects of Epiphany’s ministry and outreach activities. This ministry plans, sets-up and lists volunteers for a variety of parish get-togethers. They also coordinate kitchen related activities. Volunteers carry out the work of this group, and many more are needed!
Ministry activities include:
- Hosts weekly Fellowship Hour, providing food and refreshments after Sunday Worship
- Operates the Friendship Cafe, offering food and refreshments during various parish events and activities
- Annual Meeting luncheon
- Seasonal Parrish picnics
- Manages and assists with special events
We have ongoing volunteer recruitment to help with this ministry. Please come join us!
Ministry Lead: Anne Johnson
Vestry Liaison: Ben Eckman
Epiphany strives to provide a welcoming environment for newcomers and the nearly new!
- “Radical hospitality”
- Greeters welcome everyone to our worship services
- Name tags are available at the front door. While newcomers can ask to have one made for future visits, this ministry often prepares name tags before being asked
- Follow-up with visitors
- Shepherding activities links newcomers with active church members who share similar interests, to help newcomers become an integral part of the church
- Quarterly Newcomer Social
- Calling cards of invitation provide business-card sized invitations for parishioners to give to others to invite them to Epiphany for Christmas, Easter, and on an ongoing basis
Servanthood Development Ministry
Vestry Liaison: Susan Simmons
Mission: The mission of the Servanthood Development Team is to encourage folks to fully participate in the life of Epiphany y the sharing their time, talent and treasure in the parish ministries and pledging programs. The team also explores new ways to grow and expand our parish family.
Ministry activities include:
- Stewardship campaign – Organize and implement the annual giving campaign, to encourage parishioners to pledge their gifts of time, talent, and treasure to Epiphany.
- Plan and coordinate Ministry Moments periodically to help keep our parish up-t0-date on our ministry activities and to seek new volunteers.
- EasyTithe provides a convenient way for parishioners to make donations online through establishing a recurring or one-time contribution while providing secure donor access to their contribution records.
- Conduct financial seminars in conjunction with the Diocese of Virginia to help individuals finical management skills.
Our goal is to help other ministries attract and retain those who are new to the life of Epiphany so they can be fully engaged in our common life in order to reach our goal of 100% pledge participation.