Hypothermia Prevention Program 2017
On December 24th – 31st Epiphany will once again welcome those in need of shelter as part of Fairfax County’s Hypothermia Prevention and Response Program. We will welcome more than 70 guests this year.
- Over 30 faith communities participate in this effort November through March each year
- Guests are provided with not only shelter, but warm food, transportation and entertainment
- This is a 100% volunteer effort. We enable the program through the work of dedicated volunteers and parish-generated donations – monetary, food and other necessary items.
- During the program, guests can interact with case managers, whose goal is to assist them with rapid rehousing.
How You Can Help:
- Sign up to volunteer: Various opportunities are available. All volunteers are required to go through training, more details at the sign up web page.
- Commit to a donation: We need food, household items and monetary contributions.
- Spread the word: Please help us spread about this initiative among your community – some of them may want to volunteer or contribute!
Please contact shelter@EpiphanyEC.org with any questions. Thank you for your support!